Friday 10 October 2014

MAAX Cafe

Hello everyone! My end-of-year exams just ended today and I'm so excited for all the shopping and blogging I get to do afterward. Today, school ended early at 10 a.m, so my best friend and I paid a visit to M.A.A.X Hair Cafe. I have been to this cafe before with my cafe-hopping friend for a quick drink but didn't get to try the food then.

The cafe is located at Siglap V, next to Craftsmen Specialty-[another cafe!], which is a convenient place to stop for brunch as the bus we usually take to go home passes by Siglap street. Inside, there's a chalkboard menu, loads of comfy furniture, and old-fashioned light bulbs. The place is rather small,cozy and has little seats,which is something I personally like. It has this suburban-swanky look and isn't busy most the time.The cafe is next to MAAX hair salon, another part of the cafe. We went on a late Friday morning and it was kind of awkward-two school girls stepping into an empty cafe with the barista & owner discussing about their renovation ideas...

My friend and I chose the big breakfast and breadbasket respectively, from the all-day breakfast menu. The food was excellent, freshly made with quality ingredients and delicious. My 'bread basket' includes a croissant-[probably the biggest, fluffiest croissant I've ever had], along with a yummy poached egg. After the breakfast sets, we tried the Chocolate Truffle cake. It's $5.90, with added tea/coffee-$7.90.


The design and atmosphere are wonderful, different from your usual Starbucks or CBTL. The price may seem sort of expensive to some but I find it rather acceptable. There's no GST (I think), when we paid, the total was exact to what it states on the menu.[E.g: $9+$14+$5.90=$28.90]

However, this cafe is undergoing renovation from 13 October-31 October 2014...so try and go there before the 13th or you'll have to wait until November :(

You can follow them on Facebook and Instagram @maaxhaircafe
If you are planning on visiting this cafe, here's the address:

SIGLAP V - 2nd First Street #01-02
Singapore 458278
-
CAFE: 8am-8pm
HAIR SALON: 10am-8pm

Hope you liked the style of this post and check out this cafe if you can in Singapore.



Kelly



No comments:

Post a Comment